hubco understand the importance of developments to the local community and are committed to creating opportunities for employment and training, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and social enterprises in the third sector.
Community based benefits which will be delivered through hubco projects include:
- Provision of a specified number of Targeted Employment and Skills training outcomes across all hubco projects.
- Apprenticeship and graduate opportunities.
- Work placements.
- Curriculum Support Activities for schools and colleges.
- Skills development for the existing workforce.
- Entry into employment initiatives .
- Jobs Advertised Through Local Employment Vehicles.
- National or Scottish Vocational Qualification and Training initiatives for Subcontractors.
- Advanced Health and Safety initiatives.
- Supporting SMEs and Third Sector Organisations in securing opportunities.
- Year on year increase in the proportion of total new project work delivered by local residents.
- Ensuring >85% of Work Packages have at least one Territory based Small and Medium Enterprise/Third Sector Organisation on the tender list.
- To increase the Proportion of Project Work delivered by SME's and Third Sector Organisations by construction value.
- Support the development of the SME and third sector by including measures in the procurement approach which promotes their involvement and maximises their exposure to procurement opportunities. Examples of this will include supplier days, assistance with tender document completion skills and business planning advice workshops.