Stirling Health & Care Village
|Sector:||Health and Social Care|
|Participant:||NHS Forth Valley and Stirling Council (co participants) - Lead Participant NHS Forth Valley|
|Location:||Stirling Community Hospital, Livilands, Stirling|
|Procurement:||DBFM (Design, Build, Finance and Maintain)|
|Construction Start Date:||Jan 2017|
|Construction Duration:||25 months|
The proposed Stirling Health & Care Village is a joint development between NHS Forth Valley and Stirling Council to provide a range of co-located, integrated services for the Stirling community. Forth Valley College is also a stakeholder in the development, providing vocational training for health and social care students.
The Health & Care Village, proposed to be located on the Stirling Community Hospital site, will encompass a range of health and social care services. It is proposed to co-locate 5 General Practices who are currently in separate buildings within Stirling into one.
Full list of proposed services:
- Intermediate Care for Older People
- Therapeutic Day Care for Older People
- Respite Provision & Dementia Respite
- End of Life Care
- Long Term Palliative Care
- Long Term Dementia Care
- Falls Prevention
- Telecare responders
- 24 hour community response services
- Close links with other NHS facilities on site, e.g. Old Age Psychiatry and Ancillary Services with links to hospital transport and catering.
- Potential for additional care and support services to be based in the facility.
- General Medical and wider Primary Care Services
NHS Forth Valley is currently undertaking a range of projects, including demolition works on the Stirling Community Hospital site.
|FM Operator:||FES FM|
|Civil & Structural Engineer:||Woolgar Hunter|
|CDMC:||Kirk & Marsh|
|hub Project Manager:||Craig Fraser|
|Tier 1 Project Manager:||Graeme Clarke|